Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Welcome to my new home! I’ve moved the site to a new server, hence the “.net” instead of “.com”. The new server offers more opportunities for viewers to interact with me. Please leave comments after you view the site, either here or in the “Guestbook” found on the “Sitemap” for “In the Shadow of the Smokestack.”

Morencenios, please look at the Guestbook Archives for comments from other people who have viewed this site. You may recognize some of the names.

I’m busy working on the Tubac Project right now and invite you to take a look by clicking on “Tubac Schoolhouse” on my home page. When I finish this project, I’ll get back to finishing my new manuscript, Albóndiga Soup. The Tubac Project has taken me a long time to finish due to health problems, mine and my husband’s. Last year I had Valley Fever and it took me several months to get back to normal. Kurt is almost fully recovered from open heart surgery to replace two valves and repair his aorta. We spent a few weeks in California in May to have the surgery done at Stanford. While there, I was clawed by my son’s cat and wound up at Stanford Hospital also. It was an experience neither of us wants to relive!

Check here often for current updates to my journal.

Elena

1 comment:

Estebandera said...

I've been reading La Hija de la Chuparrosa as a way of improving my Spanish and decided to investigate La Santa de Cabora online. What a surprise to find that Teresita still 'lives'!
I understand that you have not been well. I hope that by the time you read this that you are healthy again.
If you ever do a Chatauqua again, I would love to attend and meet the heroine of this marvelous story.
Steve Nycz
Flagstaff, AZ